Started in 1995 by Dr Madan Kataria, Laughter Yoga is a combination of laughter exercises with yogic breathing.
Sessions start with gentle warm-up techniques which include stretching, chanting, clapping and body movement. Laughter is initially simulated by laughter exercises whilst maintaining eye contact with others and releasing childlike playfulness.
Laughter exercises are interspersed with breathing exercises and gentle movement. The session concludes with a guided meditation and relaxation exercise.
You feel healthier, happier and more alive.
Healthier, Happier, More Alive – HOW?
- Laughter Yoga can change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins, the feel-good hormones.
- Laughter Yoga reduces stress and strengthens your immune system, which has long term benefits for your overall health.
- Laughter Yoga is a great social connector helping to cement caring and sharing relationships.
- Laughter Yoga gives you strength in adversity, a coping mechanism to keep a positive mental attitude regardless of circumstances.
- Laughter Yoga improves your brain’s efficiency making you more alert and productive.
Laughter and Life Ltd offer laughter yoga through a regular Laughter Club or 1:1 laughter therapy, as well as bespoke laughter sessions for businesses, children and families, seniors, and community and charity groups.